E.H. Russell & Company Ltd. was established in 1905 by Ernest H. Russell who ran the business so that his two sons would take over from him.
Sadly they both died in the Second World War and Mr. Russell sold it as a going concern to Mr. John (Jack) Breakwell in 1948.
In 1954 the company was incorporated as a limited company. More fortuitously for Jack Breakwell his two sons, John and Neil, joined him in the business in the early 1960’s.
John’s son Ian joined the company in 1984, again on the shop floor, and is now Production Director. With John’s and Neil’s recent retirement, Ian carried on the Breakwell family tradition into the 21st century. This was marked in 2006 with the change of name to Russell Printers Ltd.
Furthering the family connection Neil’s wife Susan joined in 2006 as bookkeeper and Ian’s wife Gayle began her Russell’s working life in November 2012 as office manager.
In April 2014, Russell Printers purchased the company BCR Workwear. With a large existing client database, these customers are now able to have all their workwear and printing requirements supplied all under one roof. BCR Workwear has continued to expand, and its day to day running is mostly dealt with by Ian and Gayle.
In October 2015 Martin Hansel joined Russell Printers as our Account Sales Manager. Martin started his printing career in 1988 and works closely with several large companies within the West Midlands.
Russell Printers recently moved back into Central Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter. Now situated on Pemberton Street, an easy walk from the ever thriving hub of the Historical town and Birmingham City Centre.